Sunday 5 February 2017

Why isn't Windows 8 detecting my Nikon D3100?


I have a Windows 8 PC and my Nikon D3100 isn't showing up on it. It says USB device not recognized. I have updated the USB drivers, but no joy. Sadly, i don't have the disc that came with it.



Answer



You do not need the disk that came with it - it SHOULD be recognised as a mass storage device or a camera by the OS.


Check list:



  • Plug camera into computer, turn on camera


  • Does your computer do ANYTHING? any sounds, movement, anything show up in My Computer?

  • check under "My Devices", nothing there?

  • try a different cable

  • Try the camera on a different computer

  • do OTHER usb devices work in the same port ok?

  • look in Device Manager (wherever that is in 8) is there a device with a ! next to it?


if the camera is not detected by ANY computer with a known working cable, take it back to the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...