Wednesday 22 February 2017

lens - When would one need manual focus override?


In lens reviews, ability to override auto-focus manually is often referred to as a good (and important) feature.


I have rarely, if ever used that feature, so I feel I might be missing out on an important technique. I can see how it could be useful when letting the camera decide which point to focus by, but I always select the focusing point myself. Would overriding auto-focus be also useful with selected AF point?



Answer




  1. When AF is hunting because of low light or lack of contrast in the subject.

  2. When you're doing intensive macro shooting.


  3. When you don't have enough time to change focus point.

  4. When you want to fine tune your focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...