Tuesday 25 September 2018

Why is the lower part of the picture black when using a Canon flash on a Nikon D700?


I haven't used external flashes before and a friend has let me borrow her Canon flash on my Nikon d700. Problem is, when I use it the lower part of the picture is black.


The percent of the lower part of the picture that is black is dependent on the aperture/shutter speed yet the top part is over exposed. I haven't tried changing my camera's flash settings but I'm not sure what setting would help this problem (based on my research). The things I am trying it out on are at different distances. Is this due to using a Canon flash or would it be an issue with settings. Even when I've redirected the flash, it gives the same percent of blackout on the bottom of the photo.


If I do get a flash I'll probably go for the SB-600 but now I'm concerned that using an external flash isn't an easy thing to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...