Wednesday 5 September 2018

lighting - What advice would you give for taking photos on a boat cruise at night?


Tomorrow I will be going on a boat cruise in the evening in London. I will no doubt be looking for photo opportunities on the boat, both of people, as well as the landmarks/surroundings. I'm pretty comfortable with indoor night photography using bounced flash, however I think I will struggle when I'm outside, with no ceilings for flash bouncing, and with the background constantly moving...


My kit includes:




  • Nikon D7000

  • Nikkor 35mm f/1.8

  • Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6

  • Nikon SB-400

  • Yongnuo YN-465


Parts of the original question have been moved out to separate questions:



I would still appreciate any general advice on any techniques I might use, and useful camera settings.



Many thanks in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...