Saturday 29 September 2018

What Canon lens would be good for shooting high school/college sports?



I take a lot of pictures of my sons playing High school baseball (and at times lacrosse and soccer). And a lot of my sons' travel baseball games.


I have a Canon Rebel EOS XSi (450D) which of course came with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens.


I needed a zoom lens and my father recommended a 75-300mm lens. Which I realized too late didn’t have stabilization.


My pictures are blurry. The pictures at night are even worse. I am desperate to get a zoom lens that will work for high school baseball and travel baseball and within two years some college baseball pictures.


Help! What type of zoom lens will get me through? And is there a lens that will work with low light or at night games?


Is my a bit older Canon Rebel EOS XSi (450D) even fast enough to handle these type of pictures with this type of lens?


I have tried to figure this out and haven’t been successful. Is there another option than the EF 70-200 f/2.8L? Would the 75-300mm with a stabilizer help at all?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...