Wednesday 27 June 2018

night - What settings should I be using to shoot "Supermoon"?


This weekend is a "Supermoon" (the largest full moon of the year, in perigee, the closest to Earth). Would someone please advise how I could make the most out of my Canon PowerShot to photograph this phenomenon?



  • What settings should I use?

  • What times are the best with respect to the exact times of moonrise and moonset provided by the U.S. Naval Observatory? In other words, is it better 30 min before it crosses the horizon? Or just at the crossing?

  • Are there any tips and tricks for a beginner to benefit from?


  • Are moonrises or moonsets generally better/easier to capture?

  • Are there different techniques for different phases of the moon?


I read that full moon tends to come out flat, but I also want to benefit from the perigee.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...