Sunday 24 June 2018

Can I edit photos in Lightroom using only previews


All my photos are stored on a NAS. I edit them on one of my two laptops. The catalog is synchronized between the laptops and I only use one laptop at a time to edit photos. This model works very well as long as I am on my home network.


But can I take one of my laptops on a trip and still be able to edit photos that physically sit on the home network? What if I pre-render high res previews of all my photos? Will I be able to edit photos using only previews?



Answer



No, you can't. LR will not open a file in the development module if the image is not there. You can however change keywords and other attributes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...