Monday 11 June 2018

film - Is it a good idea to stack teleconverters to shoot at the moon?


Just got a Pentax ME Super in eBay and two lenses from a friend of mine.


One of the two is a 200mm Shacht prime.


I have also won on eBay, 10 minutes ago, a x3 teleconverter and I was thinking if I add a second TC how good would the results be.



I know that everything will become darker, but it's also true that a full moon is super bright.... And if it's too dark I can also go with higher ASA film.


I considered also that a mirror lens of such focal length would be at least f/8, but would be really difficult to justify to the wife. (aaah!)


I was thinking at another x3, having a 1800mm lens to shoot at the moon should be quite a blast...


I know it may well be a simplistic view, but I wouldn't mind trying... Is it really worth it or am I planning in actual fact to throw in the bin £6?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...