Tuesday 26 January 2016

Why do my images look fine in Lightroom itself but poor quality when I export them?


I'm editing my night shots in Lightroom and use Google Nik Collection Dfine2 to reduce the noise.. Noise reducing in Dfine is the last item in my workflow, and when I export image .jpg it has poor quality, I tried exporting without noise reduction (Dfine2) and quality is better.. So what is the problem? Can I somehow export with high quality Noise Reduced image? enter image description hereenter image description here



Answer



That looks more like color banding due to lower bit-depth and jpeg compression than noise. Such banding often looks very similar to chrominance noise.


Increase the JPEG quality when you export so that it isn't as heavily compressed and the issue should be minimized.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...