Sunday 10 January 2016

How to take self portraits without a remote?


How can I take a self-portrait without using a remote?


My camera is a Canon Powershot SX210 IS. I do not have a remote, but I do have a tripod.



Answer



A timer. Your camera should have a timer. In fact your camera should have what it calls a 'FaceSelf-Timer' I believe.


In general, with a timer - you set you camera to take a picture after a predetermined set of time (like 2 or 10 seconds). You press the button, hop in front of the camera, and it takes the picture after the number of seconds.



A'FaceSelf-Timer', a Canon feature, takes a picture a number of seconds (2 I believe) after it detects your face. So you the camera in that mode, press the button, hop in front of the camera, it takes your picture two seconds after it detects your face.


Some general self portrait tips can be found here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...