Thursday 14 January 2016

Strange light when shooting long exposure



I've been experimenting with some photography for a few months now and I noticed that this happens on pictures with lower shutter speeds:


Night sky City by night


What is this, why does it happen and what can I do to prevent it/fix it? It has affected some pictures I think are pretty good otherwise. Pictures were taken with a Nikon D3300 and a Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC on a tripod. Shutter speeds of about 30 seconds.




Answer



This answer from Calimo in another question solved my issue. Turns out that the stabilisation (VC) on my lens was causing this effect. Remember to turn it off when using a tripod ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...