Sunday 31 January 2016

network - Sharing Lightroom Catalog


My setup is this: I have an iMac that is my main computer, running Lightroom 5. I have subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud so that allows me to install Lightroom on another computer.


I would like to have the Lightroom catalog either on a NAS/Server (on which I currently run a small file server with Windows 2012) which would host the data and either at different times my iMac or my Laptop (PC) can access the catalog, make photo edits, etc. and the information is stored on the server.


Another plan, for later on, is to VPN in to the server from a remote location and edit my Library as if I were on my home network.


Is this possible?


I am presently using Aperture—but since Adobe came out with Creative Cloud and with a very nice package I was able to secure from them, I like the idea of being able to edit photos on either device.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...