Monday 4 January 2016

How can I batch-compress DNG files in my Lightroom library?


I shoot with my Pentax K10d in the DNG format. The camera produces the files in an uncompressed format. I would like to save some disk space by compressing all in a batch process too in Lightroom.


Can I compress all files in my lightroom library at once?



Answer



According to Attila Acs:


You can compress new DNGs:


if I import them using the Lightroom “convert to DNG” command, 
they are compressed

You can also compress DNGs already in your Lightroom database:



Select the photos in your catalog and choose
“Metadata -> Update DNG Previews & Metadata”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...