Friday 11 December 2015

nikon - Two pictures with the same setting come out with different lighting


I am new to photography and use a Nikon D3200 to shoot jewelry in a light tent. I use the original 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens with Xit XTETN Auto Focus Macro Extension Tube for macro shots.


I have this problem where I would be shooting perfect images under a certain setting, then all of a sudden the light drops even though nothing changed (none of the light, settings, objects changed). See below two pictures taken a few seconds apart; and I took a third picture with a slower shutter speed but the picture came out even darker. This happened to me a few times already and I can't figure out why. Any advice?


First Picture - perfect light Second Picture - same setting,




Answer



I ended up taking off the extension tube, or replacing the previous extension tube with another one with a longer lens, viola, problem resolved! I can only assume the problem lies with the extension tube. Go figure...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...