Sunday 6 December 2015

lens - Pentax to Canon Adapter


My dad has an old Sears KS-2 + 50mm f/1.7, which from a bit of research seems to use a Pentax K-mount.


I've looked around a bit and found a Pentax to Canon adapter, which says it supports af-confirmation, and costs ~$30 US.


Has anyone tried using an adapter ring like this, and if so, would you recommend doing so?


I am perfectly happy with shooting manual, but I'm curious about the quality of older lenses. I'm assuming that if I use older primes the optical quality will be fine, and it looks like the build quality of the older lenses is much better that similarly priced new lenses.



Answer




I use an older Pentax 50mm f/1.7 on my 60D and get spectacular results. I have the exact adapter shown in your post and it works great with barely any play between the lens and body.


The only problem with old glass is that it typically has poor handling of flare so be mindful of light sources and use a hood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...