Sunday 20 December 2015

Do different lenses affect noise level?


I unfortunately got a very poor and cheap 18-55mm lens on my Canon 60D. In addition to poor quality of my photos (poor in comparison with my 50mm f/1.8 Lens which makes great pictures) the noise level of my pictures is really high. Should I upgrade my camera or get a better lens? since I'm interested in "night sky photography" this level of noise is really bothering.


For example you're taking photo of a special scene with two different lenses with the same ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed. Is the noise level of a photo taken with Zeiss Lens the same as Canon Lens?



Answer



I found something called T-number which affects the light transmittance of Lenses, and varies form lens to lens. This fact Eventually may make you change the camera settings that is influential on the final result and photo quality for sure. more info: What is T-number / T-stop?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...