Friday 10 July 2015

Why does wide angle lens adapter + large aperture make images blurry?


I have a kit 18-55mm lens on my Canon. I also have a .45 wide-angle lens that I use on the kit lens. The results are fairly sharp.


When I try to use the .45 wide-angle lens on the 50mm @ f/1.4, it produces blurry images. Changing the aperture f/5.6+ on the 50mm, the images become sharper.


The 50mm produces good images, so it's not the 50mm lens. The 18-55mm also produces good images by itself and with the .45, so it's neither the kit lens, nor the .45 wide-angle lens.


Keep in mind that I manually focused, had a tripod, good light, and was shooting still photography.



So, why is this happening? Why can't I use a wide-angle adapter on my 50mm at a large aperture? And why does it make the photo blurry?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...