Thursday 9 July 2015

Does converting RAW files to TIFF lose image quality?



Before I found out about Camera Raw, I used to convert my photos from RAW to TIFF, using the XNVIEW convertor, downloaded from the Internet.


My question is whether I lost image quality or anything else. It is obvious that the colors changed, but is this the only problem?


However, after finding out about Camera Raw, I downloaded it, but I didn't notice the ''open image'' button at first. For this reason, I saved the RAW file as a TIFF file and then opened it separately in Photoshop CS6. Did I lose any image quality by doing this?


Just to clarify: Did I lose any image quality, in terms of compression?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...