Monday 27 July 2015

lighting - Is it OK to use different kinds of strobes together?


I currently have 2 Vivitar 285 strobes.
These are working very nicely for me.


I would like to buy 2 more strobes, and I would be quite happy with the Vivitars, but I would also like to consider either the LumoPro LP160 or something similar.


I typically shoot with the flashes off-camera in manual mode.
I use a cheap radio trigger.


My question is: will I have problems if I start mixing different makes of strobe?


Thank you for any advice.



Answer



In day to day use, you should not have any problems mixing manually controlled strobes, as long as the color of light from both is the same. I think you'd be fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...