Monday 13 July 2015

equipment recommendation - Most effective directed speedlight diffusers?


Since I have a wireless flash I figured I may as well get a tripod adapter and some sort of diffuser so I can supplement strobes, and especially use it off-camera at locations I wouldn't haul monolights.



What are the best options for balancing diffusion with light transmission from a flash?


The problem with a flash is that it starts out quite directed, so to begin with I'm assuming it's not well suited to umbrellas — either reflective or shoot-through. Without taking advantage of reflector geometry I was thinking it would take two diffusion layers to smooth it out, but that's going to cut out a lot of its light, which is already its weak point. But if I'm over-thinking this just let me know if there's a consensus on the best directed flash diffusers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...