Thursday 9 July 2015

exposure - Why won't my ISO go below 6400 when I shoot indoors?



I'm having an issue with my Canon 6D. Whenever I shoot photos inside my house they turn out so grainy! I've tried turning the ISO down but anything lower than 6400 and my photos are basically black. Mind you this is mid-day, lots of light in our house, and yet the ISO on my camera will not go below 6400 and it is making my photos look terrible because they are grainy instead of sharp! Please help!!


Lens is 24 - 105mm f4.0. I shot at 24mm, f5.0, shutter 1/160th, ISO 6400 (this is on auto, but only because anything lower I set it at makes the photos black!).


I'm still kind of new to this, but I do understand ISO, aperture, and shutter speed need to be in certain places for light to come in!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...