Friday 29 September 2017

What's the best bang for your buck to improve low light portrait shots: Lens, Flash or Body?


I want to get better action shots in low light indoor conditions. I've got a Canon T1i (APS-C size) with 3.5-5.6 18-55mm lens, and am thinking about a flash upgrade, a lens upgrade, and/or body upgrade. What would be best?


I'm shooting inside an apartment with low ambient light, mostly children on the move. I have no external flash now (and it doesn't feel practical for most of my shots), and am usually about 3-6 feet from my subjects.


I could splurge and get a 5D Mark II, going up to full frame, but would that be a bigger boost in quality than going for a strong lens, such as the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens or Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...