Friday 8 September 2017

post processing - Darktable doesn't recognize tamron 18-270mm lens




first of all my specs: I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, my lens is a Tamron 18-270mm F/3,5-6,3 Di II VC PZD and I'm using Darktable 2.0.6. I updated my lensfun library using the article of Torsten Bronger.


My problem: in the lenscorrection module the name of my lens is shown correctly, but all other options are 'greyed' out (see picture below) although the tamron lens is listed correctly in the lensfun .xml file (slr-tamron.xml) under /usr/share/lensfun.


How can I get it to work again? Am I missing something?


Thats what it looks like



Answer



Lensfun does not offer calibrations for a particular lens model that were done with a too small sensor. In your case, the calibration was made with a Canon, and you use a Nikon. Canon's APS-C is smaller than Nikon's. Because this difference is small and there are so many third-party lenses, Lensfun is less picky in newer versions about that.


Solutions: Update your Lensfun, or set the crop factor in the XML file manually to 1.5 for both the lens and your camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...