Wednesday 28 June 2017

What adapter can I use to mount my flash on a tripod?


I had a Nikon D90 with and SB910 Speed light. To trigger my flash remotely, I had a Yongnuo remote trigger. I used to have a Ravelli tripod for my camera, but I recently upgraded it to a Vanguard tripod. As you know a remote trigger is really useful when the flash can be mounted on and easy to position anywhere. Now I am trying to recycle my old tripod to mount my flash and trigger it remotely. I am looking to find an adapter that would let mount my Yongnuo remote trigger on which I will mount my flash. Something like Ravelli Tripod head plate -> (an adatper) -> flash. Is there any such thing available?



Answer



You need an adapter with a 1/4 female threaded socket and a "cold shoe" to mount the trigger on.


EzFoto-threaded-Universal-Mount-adapter


or


Hot Shoe Flash Stand Adapter



or


Cowboystudio Bracket Shoe Adjustable Mount


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...