Thursday 1 June 2017

equipment recommendation - What should I consider when purchasing a macro lens?



What should I be aware of when buying a macro lens (other than that it will fit my camera)?


What features should I look for?


What specs should I pay close attention to?


What factors affect macro lens price (beyond than the brand name)?


Are there special accessories that are needed or recommended for a macro lens?



Answer



There are quite some different models on the market. Canon alone already has 5 different models I believe.


It depends what you want to photograph. If you can get very close to the subject a 50mm would be enough. If you need a bit more distance (e.g. animals/insects) the 200mm would be a better (but also more expensive) choice. There is also a special model (MP-E 65mm) that allows a variable magnification (1x-5x) but has no autofocus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...