Thursday 27 October 2016

shooting technique - Tips on getting group shots for family


My grandfather is turning 80 this year in September. The most important thing to him is his family. Because of this, my entire family is getting together to celebrate. Since the family is spread out all over the country, it is rare that we all get together.



I have been tasked with taking photos of all the family and I am stressing out about it. I don't believe that I am a total noob when it comes to taking pictures, but I am most definitely not a professional either.


The camera I have to work with is a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2


I will have to shoot 15 adults and 5 children (the oldest having just turned 5 and the youngest being around 18 months). I need to get a group shot as well as shots of each family on their own. I also plan on getting a shot of all four generations together. I should also mention that this shoot will take place outdoors.


Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or ideas that could help me? I am especially nervous about getting good pictures with the kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...