Monday 15 February 2016

I have scanned a film negative - how do I adjust the color using software?


I have scanned some film negatives (35mm) and have run into the classic orange color problem. Using the Gimp, simply inverting the color of the image (Colors->Invert) leads to a very discolored image that is quite different from the original developed copy.


Unfortunately, the scanner I am using doesn't provide any automatic correction and I'm stuck doing it myself. How would I go about correcting such an image - keeping in mind that I do not have access to the camera that the pictures were taken with? Is there a tool (preferrably free) that can perform this correction automatically? Are there standard parameters I can use?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...