Friday 26 February 2016

flash - Can I use my old Canon Speedlite 277T with my new Canon dSLR?


Actually it's my dad's flash that he bought many many moons ago to use with his old Canon T70. I don't have a flash but have borrowed his to try out, but he mentioned that some flashes will send too much voltage down to the camera and can damage the camera. That's the last thing I'd want to happen to my new baby (a 5D Mark II).



Answer



The 277T should be fine, as referenced in Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages. If you're still not sure, you could always email Canon support to find out, but a quick Google check shows that it is being used on modern Canon dSLRs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...