Tuesday 1 September 2015

Why don't stock DSLR camera straps have quick-releases on them? And where can I find a simple strap that does?



I have a D7000 and recently got a BlackRapid RS7 strap for it. I love the RS7, but there are times when I'd rather have just a simple strap attached to the eyelets on the camera.


The standard Nikon strap that comes with the D7000 (same on my D80 & D50) can only be attached/removed by threading the nylon in insanely intricate ways.


What I want is a small, secure clip that will clip to the eyelets on the camera body.


I have not been able to find anything like that. Nor have I been able to find a simple strap that has a built-in clip mechanism.


(Related question: What do people do with the existing eyelets when they use something like an RS7 all the time? They are not removable and are pretty annoyingly in the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...