Friday 4 September 2015

lighting - How can I affect color of a water droplet shot?


Experimenting with water droplets today. Pretty fun! I'd like to ask how can I improve upon it. First of all a picture of the setup:


enter image description here


Water is contained within a plastic bag that is taped to a tall-ish black lamp. Water drops into a big bowl that is covered with black plastic because the bowl itself is white. Flash is pointed towards a styrofoam background that is all white. Kinda ghetto home setup but it mostly works :) Now a sample of the results, SOOC:


enter image description here


Although the results actually turned out quite pleasing, my first expectation was for the color to follow the background, that is I was expecting it to be all or mostly white. However this is not the case, as there is some black there. How do I fix this if I want the color of the shot to be mostly white?



Thank you!



Answer



If you want the shot to be white, don't put a black bin bag in the bowl. If you want to add a touch of colour, try putting some coloured gels (or any coloured transparent plastic) over the flash. I'd try it without the diffuser as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...