Sunday 27 September 2015

legal - A Marketing Firm wants to buy non-exclusive rights for one of my photos, what should I charge?


I was contacted by a marketing firm in Canada requesting that I give them a quote for non-exclusive rights to one of my photos. The the firm does marketing for the company that makes exterior lighting tubing that was used to encase 3 miles worth of LED lights that surround a new hotel built in downtown Dallas (what the picture in question is of). They state that they want to use the photo in print and electronic advertising, trade publications, brochures and publication inserts, websites, video and interactive media, trade show exhibits and support materials, presentations (internal and external), direct mail and e-mail, and other component groups as they arise. They also state they are looking for non-exclusive rights and will not be obligated to include photo credit when publishing the image. I guess my question would be how much should I ask for on my quote and how should I go about putting a quote together to submit to them. Let me know if you need any additional information on this. Here is a link to the picture they are inquiring about.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/wareagle8608/6391634405/in/photostream/lightbox/


Thanks for your time and help, Kevin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...