Friday 18 September 2015

nikon - Given the same lens, does shooting with FX cameras yield sharper results than DX cameras?



I have a D7000, and I want to buy a D800 sometime next year because of a "foolish idea" that FX cameras yield sharper images over DX cameras. I am quite new to photography and did my research. However, I seemed to have not come against an article/book that says you get sharper images with FX cameras. There is also a "foolish notion" that the bigger the megapixels, the sharper the images I can get, therefore, a 36MP D800 may give me sharper images than the D7000. So I need a little help in deciding if I should go FX or not if I'm only after the sharpness.


I want to shoot for stock photography, and I am astounded at how sharp the images are. I had the idea that if I wanted sharper images than the "soft" ones I get right now, I need to go FX, without having to do post processing. A sample of "sharp" image I see often in stock photos are:


enter image description here


A friend of mine yielded same results on a D5000 before but post-processed. I am only able to get "soft" images on my 80-200 lens, an image like this one: enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...