Sunday 20 September 2015

RF Flash triggers and transmitters


I am still at a very basic level with flash photography. I have some questions:




  • What is the difference, if any, between a trigger and a transmitter? Does the transmitter send more info to the remote flash unit?





  • Can I use triggers of a given brand, say Phottix, with flashes of other brands, say Nikon or YongNuo? If I cannot, then how can I trigger both my Nikon SB-700 and Yonguo YN-560 (which I am planning to buy as a second flash)?




  • With non-TTL triggers, do I have to set the power on the flashes?




  • A transceiver can act as both a transmitter and a receiver; but I would still need a pair of them to trigger a remote flash, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...