Saturday 21 March 2015

troubleshooting - Why is my camera showing a lot of stuck red and white pixels?


After shooting for one hour with my Rebelt2i + Tamron 17-55 f2.8, I went back home and checked pictures on my computer.


For every single picture, there are a lot of 'dead' pixels at the same location. I searched on Google and it could be dust, dead pixels, hot pixels... Do you have any suggestions on what the problem really is, and how to solve it?


Look between two buildings on the right, a few in the sky too: sample image (Click for large version.)




Question also asked by gsharp:



Every picture that I took today have a red dot on the same place in every photo. It looks like a monitor "pixel error". Is just the lens dirty or did something bad happen to my cam?


Here some samples. Best mode to detect the dot is download the picture in original size (click the (i) then download)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...