Saturday 14 March 2015

long exposure - How can I get a clear subject with motion-blurred (traffic trails) background?



I wanted to take a photo of my brother with traffic trails behind him. Now even when I was using a tripod, and A/F was correct, I still couldn't get the subject to be sharp, despite using a self timer of 5 seconds (didn't have a shutter release).


Why is the picture blurry? What can I do to capture the effect of a clear subject with no motion blur, with a motion-blurred background?


I am using a Nikon D3300, at 3 sec exposure, f/4.5, ISO 100.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...