Thursday 12 March 2015

dslr - Can I do anything about a Nikon d750 taking 5 minutes to power on after taking saltwater damage?


I have had a Nikon d750 for a year or so, and 6 months ago it took on a bit of saltwater damage. It still works, but twice in the past it wouldn't power on, once for two weeks and once for two days.


Now it is at a point where it takes around 5 minutes to power on, and when i switch the camera to 'off' or standby, it completely powers off as if the battery drops out, then it takes another 5 mins or so for it to power back on, if it does at all. So I have switched the standby timer in the settings to 'infinity' so it just stays powered on.


I am taking it in to have it looked at, I just hope the damage isn't too fatal. I wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar to this, or can help me diagnose the actual problem. I have tried different batteries, and everything else possible really. Camera itself works fine, just power issues.


thanks in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...