Saturday 7 March 2015

lens - What does different focal length offer me?


I have a beginner photographer and I have spent a lot of time learning the basics (exposures, lenses, focal lengths, crop factor etc). It's all good except I'm not so sure when I need to buy lenses of different focal lengths.


With a short focal length (a lens like this one), I can still use it to take landscape. It doesn't mean I can't take photo of things that are far away from me. So unless I need magnification why would I need any other lens?


Also, I read that for portrait lens I really want focal length of 80-85mm but again wouldn't I be perfectly fine to take portraits with the lens above?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...