Sunday 22 March 2015

nikon - What should I look for when choosing a speedlight to learn off-camera flash?


I am going to start learning flash photography for portraits (80% environmental portraits outdoors in bright daylight, and 20% indoor). I want to use flash mostly off-camera.


I have a Nikon D5500 with two lenses:




  • AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

  • AF-S NIKKOR f/1.8G Lens - 50 mm


I have made a lot of searches and I selected two options:



But never having used off-camera flash, I'm not quite sure what features are relevant (zoom range? trigger compatibility?)


Question: What are the more important speedlight features to consider when purchasing one to use for off-camera flash portraits?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...