Sunday 15 March 2015

raw - How to edit photos shot in fluorescent light


I recently shot a series of pictures (portraits and group shots) in a room with bad (fluorescent) light. I had no possibility of changing that lighting situation. Now back at home and in Lightroom I wonder how to get the most out of my RAW files, despite the very unbalanced spectrum of the light.


Are there any not so obvious tricks or tips (like e.g. advanced color settings/ color mixes) for editing raw images shot under these conditions?


Of course I always try and colorpick a white balance with an object I know to be neutral grey in the image, but still, most pictures look dull and the faces kind of ill. The conversion to b/w images is only my very last option! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...