Wednesday 4 July 2018

equipment recommendation - What is the basic gear for astrophotography?


I have a Canon 60D and would like to start doing some astrophotography and/or time-lapses of the Milky Way.


I know I need to buy a special tripod, one with either ecuatorial mount or a computer controlled tripod, but I am not sure which has a better price/performance ratio.


Also, I think I have to buy some IR filters in order to get a more realistic color of the space objects.


Also, should I buy a telescope and a adaptor mount for my camera so to use them both?


I am not sure which is the best combination so if you could please give some tips/hits or links to what could help me I would be very grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...