Friday 17 November 2017

focal length - Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 - How does it compare to binocular magnification?


I know almost nothing about photography. But I am interested in learning. My dad just purchased a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I own a pair of Leica 10x50 binoculars. I asked him how the maximum zoom or magnification of his camera compared to by zoom (10) on my binoculars. He said he wasn't sure how to compare the two.


With my 10x50 binoculars, I can bring an object in 10x closer. What would be the equivalent zoom or magnification (whatever the proper term is) on my dad's camera?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...