Thursday 16 November 2017

cleaning - How to clean an oily spot from the camera body?


This is very trivial. You are eating some food, you grabbed your camera for some reasons and inadvertently you left an oily finger print on your camera. It should be easy to remove right? But it isn't.


I am not too concerned about the oily spot but I want to ask if there is a better way to clean it. This happened to me and I tried Targus LCD Screen cleaner (which makes my laptop brand new); did not work. I tried Windex; did not work. I though this is an oily spot so better use soap. I applied soap 3 times; still did not work.



Now I would say the mark has gone a bit less pronounced but it is not clean yet. Can someone explain the science of it, what it is not so easy to remove? When I apply a treatment, it disappears and then it reappears. Anyone know why?


I am attaching a pic of the mark:


camera body with oil spot




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...