Tuesday 27 January 2015

lens - What DX Nikon lenses should I look at for concert/club photography?


I'm looking at upgrading my kit for a music photojournalism internship over the summer and I was wondering what the best way to spend $600 was.


My current setup is a d7000, a kit lens, a manual focus 1.4/50mm and a speedlight. I'm looking at the 1.4/50mm AF, but I figure my money could be better spent, and I've gotten used to manual focus: http://minus.com/mW9z07wnQ#1


I'll be shooting small, dark 1,500-person venues -- so a 2.8/80-200mm is out of the question.



Ideas? Maybe get a diffuser for my speedlight? A fast 35mm? I've been looking at that Nikon prime fish-eye, but I'm skeptical about its use in photojournalism... Ken Rockwell recommends the Hemi plugin -- any thoughts?


Thanks for the help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...