Thursday 29 January 2015

Why are these film photos brighter than digital photos taken at the same time with the same settings?


I took two photos - first one with Canon 5D Mark III and the second one with analog Canon EOS 500N. I used the same lens and settings (ISO/shutter/aperture) for both of them.


The company that developed my films is doing that everyday.They also scanned my analog negatives without any corrections. I noticed that the film is much more brighter than the digital image of the same scene. Left photo is scanned negative and right photo is digital.


Ilford HP5+


Kodak Gold 200


I didn't find any answers why this happened. Could there be problems with fixing time or maybe the ISO value of the film differs from the one on the description of the film? Or is film simply brighter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...