Saturday 31 January 2015

color - Is the Zone System useful with a DSLR?


The Zone System was originally used with B&W film photography. With colour digital photography, though, couldn't you get much the same results by keeping an eye on the histogram? I think I might have missed the point, so let's ask: would I gain anything by learning to use the Zone System with my DSLR?




Answer



I'd say it's worth it. My friend Nick has written a fairly decent overview of the zone system which uses an example that was taken in colour on his digital SLR.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...