Tuesday 27 January 2015

lens - Should I choose the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D or AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G?


I have D5000 DX body and planning to buy a fast lens. I'm stuck on choosing between "AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4D" and "AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G".


I was quite leaning towards 50mm f/1.4D, as I had plans to upgrade to FX camera body next year. But now I've lost interest in upgrading to FX body and am willing to wait for good mirrorless camera with a bigger-than-CX sensor to come from Nikon, which I think might be around two years more wait.


So my confusion now is: to get good image quality and sharpness (for portraits and closeups) with my DX body, which lens shall I choose from above two? As the picture angle is 31° 30′ at 50mm for DX body, and 44° at 35mm — but the lens construction is better in 35mm.


Also, will the aperture ring present in the 50mm be useful for macro-photography? I do have a cheap extension tubes, which I read somewhere that I would not be able to use if I buy the 35mm.



my main concern is image quality and sharpness than utilizing the extension tubes..(AUTO FOCUS AF-S is not a concern for me i guess, although some say manual focus is hard in 50mm lens) .... any Help appreciated. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...