Saturday 8 February 2020

lens - What lenses to bring while traveling? One good wide-telephoto or several smaller ones?


I have a Canon 7D and often take my camera on the road while traveling. In the past I've taken my Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4 and my Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6, which means that I must switch out lenses quite a bit, depending on what I'm shooting. I get a much better overall image with the 70-300, but the 17-70 gets the big picture. Should I invest in a third lens for better travel portraits, close-up lenses to save space, or just a better lens overall (such as the Canon 24-105 f/4L)? I do love having low f stops for great focus and blur, but I also like having options, macro equipment, and reach. Perhaps there's no easy solution, but what would you do to travel relatively lightly in such a situation? Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...